Ask a Real Lawyer

Have a Legal Question? We've got answers!
Submit your anonymous legal questions to Look for answers here from one of our attorney panelists, and in Monday editions of MONTCO.TODAY!

Q: My father has been saying for years that our family business would be mine when he retires. He’s been less involved with the day-to-day in recent years, and informed me this week he’ll be closing up shop in July when our lease is up, and moving to the shore with his new girlfriend. I have family members, customers, and suppliers who can attest to this, but can an unwritten promise like this be enforced in Montgomery County?


Jeffrey S. Feldman, Esq., from The Feldman Firm, LLC: Depending upon the circumstances, yes.  Unwritten promises can be enforced under Pennsylvania law under several different legal theories, each of which has its own rules and exceptions...[Read More]

Q: My friend told me to find a collaborative lawyer for my divorce. I am not really sure what that is. Can someone explain this to me and tell me if there are collaborative lawyers in Montgomery County?


Ellen S. Fischer, Esq., from the law firm of Fenningham, Dempster & Coval LLP:Collaborative Divorce is a no court alternative to the traditional litigated divorce, child custody, property distribution, and support cases. Each spouse or partner retains a collaboratively trained family law attorney... [Read More]

Q: Our 28-year-old son is bipolar and has refused to take his medication. We are dealing with the aftermath of his second interaction with the police. Is it possible to get him admitted to a care facility without his cooperation?


Brian T. Newman, Esq., from the law firm of Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C.:From your question, I can tell you are good parents that truly care about your son’s well-being, but before taking action to force your son into mental health treatment, you should be aware of the process and possible consequences it can have.. [Read More]

Q: What is "full tort" and "limited tort" and what is the difference between the two?


Jimmy C. Chong, Esq., Chong Law Firm: As a personal injury attorney, when I ask a potential client who has been in a car accident if he or she has full tort or limited tort coverage, the response I receive most often is: "I have full coverage." There is a huge difference between full tort and full coverage.. [Read More]

Q: Can you be criminally charged for trash-talking on social media?


Cary B. Hall, Esq., Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, LLC: Short answer: yes. Depending on your comments, what you post on social media sites could absolutely result in both criminal charges and a conviction).. [Read More]


Submit your question by clicking the button above. Please note that not all questions will be answered.


June 2018
May 2018
April 2018